Monday, November 19, 2007

The exams are but five days away.
Am I prepared for it? No, unfortunately not.
Do I anticipate it? Yes, I do since I was privy to the foreknowledge of it.
Did I study for it? Yes, I did. I truly am. But sometimes, it takes more than just scouring through your textbook and trying to transfuse the knowledge to do well for the exams.

The Great War was expected to end by Christmas of 1914, a lovely gift from Santa would it not be? My mind is ague with delirium and my thoughts are restless. A simple task of sitting at the table and transferring words from page to brain has turned into a tumultous task. At times, I wonder if it would be better if I was smarter. But then again, what are smarts without an appropriate attention span? What are brains if I can't even sit still and absorb the information without having to walk to the kitchen after reading just a single line?

Tv dinners are silent killers, just like smoking is. They erode your body and melt your brains, just like how smoke and tar would inundate your lungs and fester the little growths that look like cauliflowers. A frozen lasagne dances in the microwave, the oven chimes as your dinner comprising of leftovers have heated up. Onions and rice. Bubbling cheese in a black box, a lava of tomato sauce spills. Ambrosia.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: